High energy resource who can manage a team and potentially be a key successor for leading the group after 3-5 years of experience at the company. Need to be a strong communicator with an excellent grasp of the subject matter (FI Risk and Analytics).
About the Role
Fixed Income Front Office technology team is looking for a senior Delivery Manager and Scrum Master to join our Fixed Income Risk and Analytics team in building a suite of next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled applications. In this role, you will help lead the Fixed Income Risk and Analytics team in developing new capabilities using modern web/cloud technologies used by our Portfolio Managers, Quants and Analysts.
The candidate will ensure agreed working practices are followed for the continuous delivery of valuable software. He or she must be a champion of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches. The ideal candidate is a high achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- Direct management of a eight person team comprised of Software Engineers, Business Analysts and QA Engineers
- Lead in the development and delivery of large scale, complex applications (Java/C# technology)
- Integrate business strategies and objectives to develop the overall technology roadmap for cutting edge tools in support of Portfolio Management and Risk areas
- Drive best practices in development and delivery through the use of Agile and help set standards that can be leveraged in other areas of the company
- Ensure product delivery is of a high quality with each and every release
- Providing coaching and support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Conducting release planning, sprint planning, product and sprint backlog grooming, sprint reviews, retrospectives, daily standup meetings, user story development, estimation, and other related activities
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative analysts, portfolio managers and senior business people alike
- Mentor, coach, and develop a high performing engineering team
- Enjoy a fast-paced, high-intensity environment. Work well as part of a team with minimal supervision. Well organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Experience with techniques such as value stream mapping and valuing/ordering a product Backlog
- Work closely with architecture team to organize and participate in architecture reviews, develop practices and ensure standards and roadmaps are adhered to
Qualifications and Skills
Along with the requirements/competencies specified below, we are looking for an individual who possesses a positive, action-oriented attitude and understands the importance of taking initiative within a team environment.
- 3 - 5 years hands on experience as a SCRUM Master, Project Leader, Project/Program Manager
- 5+ years of hands on knowledge of Bloomberg and/or other leading market risk and analytics platforms (i.e. Barclays POINT, Citigroup YieldBook, FactSet FIPA, IDC BondEdge, MSCI RiskMetrics, etc.)
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in the implementation of a financial system within a bank, hedge fund or asset manager, or wealth management firm
- Functional/demonstrated experience with fixed income products and derivatives
- Solid SQL/data base querying knowledge (MS SQL Server or Oracle)
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying logic analysis, experience and business knowledge
- Strong interest in financial analytics and its applications in the investment and risk management process
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Intuitive and intellectually curious; ability to identify themes within large data sets
- Planning and coordination - Must excel in planning and organization to achieve job objectives, setting priorities among activities; utilizes available resources, copes with changing conditions and unforeseen events, assumes responsibility for completion of one's own work and meets deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced, and highly technical environment
- High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with global teams
- BA/BS; strong academic background in one of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics.